Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chasing the Dream

I have sent away fro a Natcoll enrolment pack, it is the start of a long journey toward my goal of becoming an employee at Pixar.

It's a dream that gets rekindled in me every time I see one of their films, although now I am determined more than ever to make something out of it. I can't push trolleys for the rest of my life, I need more, I want more. A more fulfilling purpose, where I can use my God-given passions and abilities.
I asked myself, just where can I go to work every day and be happy? This is where. Making feature films a world away from the drudgery of trolley collection. Even the monotony of moving the 433rd node into position 9870 to make a character smile is more exciting than that. I know that animating is hard work full of repetition, but it is hard work full of repetition, that turns into Hollywood gold. The feeling of achieving something great, that will endure for generations.

Not to mention the fantastic facilities that are available at the Pixar campus, and a work life ethic that values and encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. This is why they make hit movie after hit movie, and haven't slipped up. 12 feature films with critical and/or box office success, a record in the industry like no other, an envy to their rivals.

I am willing to do what it takes to get there, Long hours of study and work ahead of me. I really really want to be a part of their team. I ask for your prayers and support for this journey. It will be quite an experience.

No comments: